The Super Bowl is past, March Madness is still a few weeks away. So that means it’s time to gather up the boys and talk sports over a few beers.
We took the show on the road to Big Ditch Brewing in Buffalo, NY and were joined by Tyler Dunne (Bleacher Report) and Brian Moritz (Sports Media Guy). We cover a whole lot of sports and sports media topics including:
- Finding your “voice” as a sports writer
- Are dynasties good for sports?
- Is the NFL on the brink of decline?
- Does sports need villains?
- Biggest storyline/hyperbole/myth that you’re sick of hearing
- The ethics involved in discovering private team information
- Have they ever been approached by an agent or team official to spin a story?
- …and would they rather be Jeter on the field of off the field? (Hint: one of us had their wife sitting 3 feet away)
My huge thanks to Tyler and Brian for this extended conversation. And of course to the great crew at Big Ditch Brewing for their hospitality. If you’re in Buffalo make sure you stop by and try their tasty beers and food.